Thursday, April 2, 2015

point, click, shoot

I have never been so excited to receive a free book as I was this last book from blogging for books.

I have always enjoyed taking photographs and have really taught myself along the way but there is so much I have no clue about.  I really have no idea what most of the settings on my camera are for or what they do when used. It's amazing that any of my pictures actually turn out!

This book review is on John Shaw's Guide to Digital Nature Photography.

Let me just start off by saying that this book is RAD!

This book starts off with the contents page that is sectioned off into 6 different categories that cover literally everything from your gear to composition to what John Shaw uses himself personally.

John includes both information for Cannon AND Nikon cameras. That in itself is great information. Everyone has their own preference on what brand of camera they like to use. I myself prefer a Cannon but I know several photographer friends who really do love their Nikon cameras.

each section is detailed things like shutter speed, aperture, ISO (which is something I desperately need help to understand) manual exposure and when to use it and  how to use it.

This book covers everything you  need to know to operate your camera and or to keep your knowledge up to date.

My favorite part of the book is that he includes photos on almost every page and off to the side of the photo is a little section that explains what the photo is of, what camera he used and all the settings on the camera when the photo was taken. Now to someone who understands all that lingo, that information is pretty darn important.

After reading this book cover to cover there is no doubt that you will be ready to pick up your camera and be ready to go shoot some amazing photos of the great outdoors and all of the beauty that she provides on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment